After much speculation, Xiaomi is moving ahead with its launch in Pakistan. The company arranged an event to announce the launch of Mi Max, Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 4A today.
The phones are expected to be available on local online stores starting today.
Founded in 2010, Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun, and other co-founders started the company based on the vision “innovation for everyone”. It first launched its Android-based interface MIUI in 2010, and its very first smartphone, the Mi 1, the following year. Renowned for its ‘high-end phones for everyone’ philosophy, Xiaomi is planning to expand its motto to Pakistan.
More About Xiaomi Products in Pakistan
Mi Max and Mi Band 2 will go on sale later today whereas the budget friendly Redmi 4A will go live on February 25. The main attraction, Redmi Note 4, will be up for sale on March 5.
While logistics and deliveries will be handled by online stores, Smart Link Technologies will manage the device warranties.
Zong has also announced the partnership with Xiaomi and it will be offering free 4G data bundles with Xiaomi smartphones. Buyers will get 6 GB data for 6 months. Daraz, along with other online stores, will be offering Xiaomi products.
You can also read this; Zong 4G Offers Special Data Bundles with Xiaomi
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Redmi Note 4 provides flagship-class performance, featuring the 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 chip, a full-HD display and a massive battery that can last days. More details on the Redmi Note 4 are available here.
The phone is estimated to come with a price tag of around Rs. 20,900. Higher end versions with more RAM and storage will be priced higher.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications:
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio X20/Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPColorsU: Mali-T880 MP4. Adreno 506
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, dual-SIM
- Design: Metal Unibody Frame
- 5D Glass screen
- Rear Fingerprint scanner
- Chamfered edges
- 5” IPS display with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (401 PPI)
- RAM: 2/3/4 GB
- Internal: 16/32/64 GB
- Card slot: Yes up to 128GB storage (uses second SIM slot)
- Primary: 13MP f/2.0 with Phase Detection Auto Focus and dual tone LED flash/1080p 30fps
- Secondary: 5MP, allows 85-degree wide angle shots
- Connectivity: GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth, USB Type-C, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Dark gray
- Battery: 4100 mAh nonremovable
- Price: Staring at Rs. 20,900
Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Redmi 4A is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and comes with two SIM slots and 4G support. Even though Redmi 4A has a 5-inch screen, it comes with a large 3120mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is going to cost Rs. 13,900.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425
- GPU: Adreno 308
- OS: Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Supported Networks:2G, 3G, 4G, GPRS, EDGE
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot:MicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Primary: 13 MP, f/2.2, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 5 MP, f/2.2
- Connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Infrared Port, Radio, USB microUSB v2.0
- Colours: Gold, Rose Gold
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3120 mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 13,900
Xiaomi Mi Max
Mi Max comes with a 6.44-inch supersized screen that makes it perfect for watching movies and media consumption. It also has a humongous 4850mAh battery. It also comes with Snapdragon 650 and 652 (depending on the model). With MIUI 8, you can expect the high-powered phone to last days as well.
Mi Max is going to up for sale later today and will come with a price tag of Rs. 24,000 for the base model with SD 650, 3GB RAM and 32GB storage.
Xiaomi Mi Max Specifications:
- CPU: 1.8 GHz dual-core Cortex-A72 plus 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650/652
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Supported Networks:2G, 3G, 4G; dual-SIM
- Display: 6.44” with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64/128GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 16 MP with dual-LED Flash and phase-detection autofocus
- Secondary: 5 MP, 85-degree wide-angle
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB, GPS/GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4,850 mAh
- Price: Rs. 24,000