The Business Phone Nokia E7 has recently been released in Pakistan, so far we can’t seem to see the buzz as we see for low end cheaper mobile phones, such as Nokia C3 or recent Nokia X2 01. The Eseries of Nokia targets the business class people or the ones who need office on their hands all the time so that they can utilize their time in most effective and productive manner. On 14th of September, last year in 2011, Nokia had announced couple of their smartphones, such as C6-01, C7 and the business series E7, which is supported with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
The C6-01 and C7 were released and pushed into market short after their announce date, however, they took some time before they could release the Nokia E7. With the release of E7 Nokia expects to capture the market smartphone market, however, since there is fierce competition in mobile vendors, it might not be as easy or piece of cake, but E7 will still do better in Pakistan compared to several other smartphones. Nokia has also just recently announced Nokia E6 and X7-00, which are powered by updated version of Symbian^3.
Before we go with details and specifications of this phone, we would like to bring our users attention to main drawbacks which can set this phone back a little. Regardless of these drawbacks, this phone still outshines a lot other smartphones or not so smartphones.
Main Draw Backs:
- Even though Symbian^3 is fresh like mint, yet like other other Nokia mobile phones it still lags behind and loosing shares in market to Android, it also lags behind both IOS and Android in usability standards.
- Nokia application store OVI is not up to par, when compared to Android or Apple’s application stores. Nokia still has to do somethign about it to stay ahead in competition.
- The camera, comes with fixed focus instead of an autofocus, which certainly is one of its main draw back, however, we should not loose the hope.
- Battery is not user replaceable and finally the camera interface, which looks out dated.
Now the detailed specifications and features of this gorgeous looking smartphone.
Camera and Display:
A very good feature, which allows both Face and Smile Detection.
- Screen display is only about 4 inches, which is 360×640 pixels.
- It is AMOLED capacitive Touch Screen with massive 16M colours.
- E7 comes with 8 Mega Pixel camera, which supports resolution of 3266×2450 pixels. Also supports Video, fixed focus and Dual LED Flash.
These features, make other phones look not so good!
- Multi touch Input
- Proximity Sensor which is (Auto-Turnoff)
- Accelerometer Sensor which can (Auto rotate)
- Both Audio and Video Recorder as well as Playback
- Scratch Resistant
- Standard support of QWERTY Keyboard
- E7 is Touch sensitive
- Comes with MP3 and MP4 player
- It has TV-Out and DDP
- Listen to Stereo FM Radio and RDS
- Cool Speaker phone, allows to download and play mobile games
- 3.5 mm Audio jack, for audio input
- It has all the neccessary features for Photo, Video Viewer and editing
- Document Viewer for business people
- Voice memo
- MP3 and WAV Ringtones,w hich can be set for alarms.
- Allows multiple messaging options, such as SMS, MMS, Email and Push Email
- If you want to chat or use “Instant Messaging” then this is the right device.
- Internal Memory – 16 GB storage, 256 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM
- Expandable Memory- No support for micro sd
- Phone book can contain unlimited contacts and photo call.
- Call Records can be Unlimited
- 1200 mAh (BL-4D) Li-Ion Standard Battery
- Standby – 2G: 432 hours, 3G: 480 hours
- Actual Talk Time – 2G: 9 hours, 3G: 5 hours
Nokia E7 Price in Pakistan:
This phone has just been pushed into the market locally, and it can easily set you back for the sum of RS 45,000 -/PKR. Price might vary from retailer to retailer through out the Pakistan. Feel free to leave yoru comments and reviews of this phone and help the community understand this phone better.